Critique Welcomed Reflected Light on Puget Sound Plaza

Brian Moore

Shooting reflections in infrared monochrome often seems to reveal the light more intensely. On Wednesday we had a cloud-free sky and so I took a walk around Seattle to capture some architectural images. I was looking for that dark sky effect but also had my eyes peeled for reflected light.

This is the Puget Sound Plaza displaying the reflected light of the newly-constructed (in fact not yet totally complete) Rainier Square Tower, an all glass skyscraper that is the 2nd highest building in Seattle now.

Sigma Quattro SD with Sigma 30/1.4 and Hoya R72 filter.

(Looks like I'm being spied on too!)

Last edited:
Wow, it does look amazing, Brian. So futuristic, sci-fi-ish. Thos DSGs get everywhere!

I love the X patterns.
Thanks Rob.

He may no longer be active on the forum but that Dodkin fellow is ever vigilant!

That is an amazing effect and it has created a stunning image. The DSG sets it off a treat.
Thanks Pete. The funny thing about those DSGs is that when you're not looking for them they're everywhere, but when you actually shoot photos with the intent getting one in your image they miraculously skedaddle. Very frustrating. :confused:

Back