Critique Welcomed Sadie Spots A White Caddy

Brian Moore

Walking with Sadie one night last week she spotted the white Caddy and stopped to make sure I saw it.

What a smart girl! (OK,...so we've passed this Caddy a million times; she's still a smart girl, though.:))

Olympus XA and Kodak Tri-X 400 pushed to 800 and processed using a "stand" development of one hour in a 1+100 dilution of Rodinal.

I was thinking, "Look at all those stars", then I saw they were also on this side of the tree...;) But, as ever, Sadie is the real star...
We're closer to the equator than you are, Rob, so the stars are closer too. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Rob. (Did you join the Dust Police or something....?;))

That is so twilight zone Brian - brilliant

No idea how you manage to get this out of film - outstanding

That is so twilight zone Brian - brilliant

No idea how you manage to get this out of film - outstanding
Thanks Chris. Much appreciated.

(I just point the camera and press the wee button, actually. Sometimes using a pod of one variety or another--wall, table, knee, forehead, cheek, etc., to steady the camera.:))

Wow GREAT SHOT Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see Sadie is stunningly beautiful as always. Really nice Caddie too.

So are you processing all your B/W at home then scanning the negatives? I'm shooting only Acros 100 now, but rating it at 200. I am wanting to start shooting a 400 speed film. Especially for stuff at night like this. I did a laundramat the other night. I think it would have been better with a 400.

Wow GREAT SHOT Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see Sadie is stunningly beautiful as always. Really nice Caddie too.

So are you processing all your B/W at home then scanning the negatives? I'm shooting only Acros 100 now, but rating it at 200. I am wanting to start shooting a 400 speed film. Especially for stuff at night like this. I did a laundramat the other night. I think it would have been better with a 400.

Thanks, Steve. Yes, I'm processing the film at home and then scanning the negs on a film scanner. I shot the picture above at 800 even though the film's box speed was 400. I pushed it in the development. (Well,...I didn't actually push the development, I merely used a big dilution [1+100] and left the film in the developer for 1 hour, with only an initial agitation. Thus it was a "stand" development.) Even if I had had 100 speed film in the camera at the time, I would still have attempted this shot, and with luck I would have got it.)

Back