Saturday, and a trip to the riverside

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Went with wife, Susan, and daughter, Rhona, for a wee trip to South Queensferry, on the river Forth, just north of Edinburgh. The local train station is at Dalmeny. Here are a few shots from the X100, pp'd in CS3. It has been a glorious day! Forgive me hurrying the post production - I just wanted to share a good day with you.

1. Dalmeny Train Station looking south

Dalmeny 1 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

2. Dalmeny train station looking north, with the Forth Bridge rearing up, just right of centre, with the Forth road bridge on the left...

Dalmeny 2 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

3. A fence at the station and a BLUE sky!

fence by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

4. The Girls 1

The Girls 1 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

5. The Girls 2, with Rhona learning the trade with her Canon AE1, picked up in a charity shop for £40...

The Girls 2 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

6. Rhona Shooting - so annoyed I got this one out of focus!

Rhona Shooting by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

7. A 'found' alien sculpture...

glass thing by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

8. The Inn, The Bridge and A Train - too many slightly off angles...

Hawes Inn by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

9. The steps down to the pier

Hawes Steps by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

10. An interesting stump...

stump by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

11. Some track...

Track by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

12. Susan - how I see her...

Susan 1 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

13. Susan - how she see's herself...

Susan 2 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

14. Steeple outside Jessops photography shop, where we got Rhona's first film developed. I'll try to encourage her to join the forum and show he shots - some really excellent ones...

steeple by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

All in all, a good day oot!

The fence is great. I love "Susan - how I see her". Your title and the hyper-color PP make that a very romantic --dare I say sweet? image. That's not a word I tend to use for anything other than describing my tea, so it feels awkward to use it; but there it is,...I'm out there;). Very nice set overall, too.

Loving the fence - nice repeating graphic and the deep blue sky

Then the girls, lovely reportage feel to this shot, and B&W really works well

Hawes Inn - just nuts - there's a train coming out of the roof! :D

X100 getting a good outing then! :)

Last edited:
Rob, just noticed you have a lot of 1's and 0's in your signature - looks like a binary sequence! :D

same as a few others , I love the fence and the first one of the station which looks almost identical to Aviemore station :)

Nice set. I think I pretty much liked them all. How I see and how she sees herself is very interesting! Love that!

Back