Schattenbaum

Didn't quite work.

Schattenbaum-1_zps0655976b.jpg~original

Sigma DP2 Merrill. ISO100, 1/160 at f1:8.0. P in SPP / LR / Nik ColorFX Pro 4.

I really admire the eye it takes to see photos like this before it's even taken. I'm working on that but it's tough. I see where you were going once I read you envisioned it in B&W.

It is very good Pete. I guess it depends on the intentions but from my own stance looking it a new , there is a lot that does work to achieve a very interesting image.

I like it! Not sure what you were actually trying to do, though. Nevertheless, it has a lot going on and keeps the eye moving.

The railings, the angle of the shadows and the perspective on the windows gives the slight impression of a lean even though the building is vertical but I guess my main thing is that I envisaged this as a merging of the shadows with the bough of the second tree in darker tones in B&W. However, when I processed the image to get there the texture of the building resulted in a lack of visual separation and it didn't match what I visualised. It works better in colour. I might try again later but I think I will hit the same problem. Maybe rotating the image a touch clockwise will help as well.

Interesting shot Pete. I'm thinking there's just too much going on? The upper right quarter...cut right through tree is my favorite part.

The railings, the angle of the shadows and the perspective on the windows gives the slight impression of a lean even though the building is vertical but I guess my main thing is that I envisaged this as a merging of the shadows with the bough of the second tree in darker tones in B&W. However, when I processed the image to get there the texture of the building resulted in a lack of visual separation and it didn't match what I visualised. It works better in colour. I might try again later but I think I will hit the same problem. Maybe rotating the image a touch clockwise will help as well.
Interesting Pete.
I think what's good about this image by far outwieghs the weaknesses you point out and all are repairable except perhaps the shadow issue that you are unhappy about. What intrigued me most about the shadows, especially on the left side, were the breaks/gaps in the shadows of the branches but that added a curiosity that benefits the picture. I agree that colour is the best for this.

Back