SEMA Show: '69 Camaro

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
My good friend, and fellow ex-pat, Gregg, has been building a '69 Camaro for the last 6 years or so, and has finally completed the project, just in time for the auto industry's big trade show (SEMA) in Las Vegas.

This car maintains the authentic look of the '69 - but has a Z06 Block and transmission, Vette interior, trick after-market suspension etc - so definitely a rather faster and better handling vehicle than the original.

Cost-wise - Gregg reckons he could have bought a brand new Porsche 911 GT3 with the money he's spent - and that's not including his time on the project!

Any way - a tired but happy Gregg rolled his baby onto the showroom floor for this week - and I managed to blag a couple of trade passes to go take a look - and see the rest of the show.

Here's Gregg and his baby - more SEMA pics to follow in another post (when I've had time to process).

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

All shots Canon 5D2 and 24mm f1.4 L

A very impressive set as usual there Chris. And that's some engine! Wish the engine bay on my car looked like that! Those black, braided hoses certainly add a touch of class and I like the way you have shot the engine. Looking forward to the rest!

Oh, and I see you used a 24mm lens!! ;)

Well yes I did Pete - I just happened to have one with me! ;)

Indeed he is - hoping to get to shoot some beauty shots of the car when he gets it home

Back