Skidbrooke Church...

Shaun Haselden

Skidbrooke Church at Skidbrooke in Lincolnshire. More accurately St Botolph's Church, the almost derelict ruin is said to be what is probably the most haunted church in England. I guess you have to believe to believe. Beautiful location if coastal flatlands are your thing. They really are mine in a big way.

Attachments

• Skidbrooke Church Lincolnshire England.jpg
    Skidbrooke Church Lincolnshire England.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 13
Oh Shaun, what an emotive image for me. I lived for a long time on the edge of the fens before moving to NZ and those wonderful, big sky landscapes are greatly missed with no equivalent here. It is an even more impressive area because it was man-made at a time when a shovel and a horse and cart were the main tools available, steam shovels helping later on I think.
Your strong composition and beautifully toned image is a joy to see.

Oh Shaun, what an emotive image for me. I lived for a long time on the edge of the fens before moving to NZ and those wonderful, big sky landscapes are greatly missed with no equivalent here. It is an even more impressive area because it was man-made at a time when a shovel and a horse and cart were the main tools available, steam shovels helping later on I think.
Your strong composition and beautifully toned image is a joy to see.
Tony, thank you so much for your response to my photo. I guess I have achieved a number one goal by producing an emotional response in someone viewing one of my images. There is something highly emotive about these Lincolnshire landscapes with massive skies and beautiful clouds. We used to have friends from 'down London way' and they always commented on our 'huge skies'. Yes OK so they also commented on the constant breeze off the North Sea but as with all things, there is a price to pay. To pay real homage to my spiritual home I really should be using a 5X4 camera on a tripod and contact printing onto a fabulous paper which I then scan but I simply can't do that anymore these days, my life no longer being flexible enough. I just adore these Lincolnshire landscapes. Home really is where the heart is.

Tony, thank you so much for your response to my photo. I guess I have achieved a number one goal by producing an emotional response in someone viewing one of my images. There is something highly emotive about these Lincolnshire landscapes with massive skies and beautiful clouds. We used to have friends from 'down London way' and they always commented on our 'huge skies'. Yes OK so they also commented on the constant breeze off the North Sea but as with all things, there is a price to pay. To pay real homage to my spiritual home I really should be using a 5X4 camera on a tripod and contact printing onto a fabulous paper which I then scan but I simply can't do that anymore these days, my life no longer being flexible enough. I just adore these Lincolnshire landscapes. Home really is where the heart is.
Very true Shaun. Like you I have had to give up on 5x4 and have maybe gone to the other extreme being hooked on sub-minature nowadays. More suitable to my octogenarian muscles or lack of. It must have been really special to have grown up in that part of the world. Our time there was some of the best for the children. And the fish and chips from, was it Steel's, in Cleethorpes centre were super fresh - straight from the docks just down the road. Happy days.

Very true Shaun. Like you I have had to give up on 5x4 and have maybe gone to the other extreme being hooked on sub-minature nowadays. More suitable to my octogenarian muscles or lack of. It must have been really special to have grown up in that part of the world. Our time there was some of the best for the children. And the fish and chips from, was it Steel's, in Cleethorpes centre were super fresh - straight from the docks just down the road. Happy days.
LOL Tony, Steels is still the place (plaice) to be in Cleethorpes. Amazing fish and chips to be had there even though I no longer live anywhere near. I love the Lincolnshire coast for it's loneliness and remoteness. It is also very flat and expansive. Lovely, emotive images.

Back