Critique Welcomed Snowy 2.0 before sunrise

Stevenson Gawen

The title needs a little explanation I think... here in Cooma the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Scheme is well known, a big engineering project built in the 60s/70s. A sort of upgrade or addition is currently underway and has been for the last few years. And they called it Snowy Hydro 2.0!
This is the concrete plant in Polo Flat, the industrial part of Cooma, where they cast curved concrete tunnel sections, which then get transported by road on specially built 'segment trucks' up to the mountains where they get assembled in the tunnel as it's bored out. (my simplistic explanation!)

I was passing early on Sunday morning and we stopped and I took a few pics of which these are my favorites. It was very chilly! Good frost that morning.

DSC_7051.jpgDSC_7073.jpg

DSC_7055_01.jpg

Thanks Brian and Pete! I was most pleased with the third one too, initially, but after editing I wasn't quite sure about it.
It was a little hard to tame the dynamic range so as to not blow out the sky, but also not look too 'processed'. Got there in the end. :)

I find the simplicity of the first very pleasing... and the road was just a grab shot which turned out better than expected!

Back