So You Think You're Good With Photoshop eh............?

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
All i am going to say is that if this is for real & i think it is, and the originals were BW.......WOW WOW WOW

Some historical photography, photoshop recoloured by Sweden-based artist Sanna Dullaway – for example we have Che Guevara, Abraham Lincoln, Alfred Hitchcock, Che Guevara, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, Anne Frank, Charlie Chaplin and many more.

sannadullawaypastincolour_01.jpg

More here http://www.whudat.de/recoloured-pho...ncoln-hitchcok-einstein-and-more-14-pictures/

Daz

Last edited by a moderator:
We were looking at these in the office the other day! Is there a link?

yes under the photo all text is clicky linky & just added a second under the "Quote"

Daz

Looks like he used a Topaz preset to get that B&W image from the colour original - needs less grain though, looks over done ;)

Is this for real???
Create a colour photo from what was once a B&W??
I'm amazed if it is! :)

i am not 100% sure if it is real, but presuming it is...........WOW

Defo with you on that Daz if it is...... Wow!

Might not be Photoshop maybe these were created in the software "Recolored", I've got this and it's a cracking piece of software, cheap too.

Joan

Looking at the web site there is a shot of Einstein you could be right with this Joan looks like a great little prog, I have a load of old B & W of my old man when he was in Italy and Germany in '48 that I think would look great in colour, be something great for mum too as we were only talking the other day about me putting a photo book together of all dads pics......have you got any comments about the software that might be useful? I know the price looks good but I might go for the CD so I can have on both pc's

There's a bit of trial and error involved but once you've had a few attempts - off you go........far better with a graphics tablet too, if you are colouring anything that involves military uniforms I would get the required colour correct in Photoshop/Elemements etc first and note the RGB values and you can then create your own colour palettes in Recolor, saves faffing around hit & miss with colouring for special stuff.
It saves a lot of time, only works with Jpegs at present but if you've done any restoration on your master file then save as a Jpeg to colour.
Enjoy .

Joan

So have you given this a trial yet? Must say that this has really saved me time on colouring pics, no need now for a layer a colour. Marvellous.

Joan

No but been playing with PS just and about to post a sample but have a thread on with one already for feedback on results..will post shortly under Colourisation, in Critique and Advise, please let me know what you think :)

I have doe some of this work before and it isn't to hard to do with layers tbh just takes times and knowing your colours inside out

I have doe some of this work before and it isn't to hard to do with layers tbh just takes times and knowing your colours inside out

Sure, it's just that if you are doing photo restoration/colouring as part of your business services this bit of software makes life a lot easier and the jobs sorted quicker.

Back