Sometimes…

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
…sometimes the day is cold and wet and you can’t be bothered fully engaging with the world so you just wander around the house just shooting without thinking and then you download the Leica Fotos app to stream the shots to your phone which works incredibly smoothly but too large for RPF so you open them in the Image Size app where you reduce the size and sometimes make a square crop and before you know it you are here engaging with the world after all…

IMG_2024-03-09-180600.jpeg
IMG_2024-03-09-180031.jpeg
IMG_2024-03-09-175854.jpeg
IMG_2024-03-09-175804.jpeg
IMG_2024-03-09-175639.jpeg
IMG_2024-03-09-175525.jpeg

Good grief, an attic where there appears to be space to put your feet down. Mm, not sure we've ever had one of those...l 🤔. Where we are now doesn't even have an attic (the downsizing from where we were to where we are now was traumatic, especially when we brought all of our cra...stuff down out of the attic of our old place).

Well, Ralph, we are in the early stages of downsizing to a small flat from quite a large house, so we have already donated to a variety of charity shops what we couldn’t easily sell. The trauma you mention is a couple of months down the road for us. I’ve already sold half my instrument collection…eek…

B&W, and Selenium development (chemical or digital, it doesn't matter) should be forbidden, it's like cheating. No, joking. @Rob MacKillop, great series! I like the last two shots more than others.
The penultimate one (what the hell does it represent?) speaks a universal language. Who has never had to deal with a large gas cylinder, threatening his life?
And the last one reminds me of a TV series I watched when I was little, Belphegor. Maybe some of you remember it in your nightmares.

I like the first shot. The bag appears to be floating. But my favourite is the second, a vase of flowers, where the ghost of a bear seems to have been caught sniffing the main flower head. My wife could see that once I pointed it out to her.

The last does have a bit of a scare factor, which I hope doesn’t keep me awake tonight!

Half your instruments... 😱. Man, that must have been hard...
Regarding that last image, it looked like a nice, low-key interior shot until you mentioned the scare factor. The instant I look at it again, I see the darkly veiled figure (even more 😱😱). Now I can't un-see it...

I’ve already sold half my instrument collection
Been there, done that. For me it wasn't that big of a deal as I had entered a phase where I wasn't playing much and boy do they take up space in their cases.

Referring to a post made and removed by someone here...

Ah, that's what comes with being born deep into the last century. I try to update my language (my daughter, when she is around, makes me know when I have said something I shouldn't have) but occasionally something slips out...mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Ah, that's what comes with being born deep into the last century. I try to update my language (my daughter, when she is around, makes me know when I have said something I shouldn't have) but occasionally something slips out...mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Sorry @Rob MacKillop, I suppose you were answering to my comment, but in the meanwhile I deleted it, because it wasn't interesting.

It was something like "@Rob MacKillop I should report your comment... blah, blah, because of the adjective you used... blah, blah. In this century we don't use those adjectives any more because they sound offensive. You don't want to know what happened to me the last time I used that word and I won't tell you". Something like that.

Your daughter is the one to follow Rob.

Back