Speedboats

Z1P6lTI.jpg

Last edited:
Pete's instructions:
I have just realised that the old link showing the 'instructions' for uploading images was broken the the upgrade last year. There are two way, either link to a source where the image is stored (using the media 'button' in the post creation pane) or upload and image that is 1000 px on the longest dimension using sRGB as the 'color space' I usually export an 85% Quality JPEG without sharpening from Lightroom for this purpose.

I'm interested in the how's of this shot. Were you on a bridge, using a drone or what? When I encounter moments like this my internal dialog is always telling me to wait for the precise moment and placement in the frame. Did you shoot several frames or was this 'the shot'? Did you shoot any verticals? I like shots that give a sense of movement such as yours. I can almost hear the roar of the engines!

I'm interested in the how's of this shot. Were you on a bridge, using a drone or what? When I encounter moments like this my internal dialog is always telling me to wait for the precise moment and placement in the frame. Did you shoot several frames or was this 'the shot'? Did you shoot any verticals? I like shots that give a sense of movement such as yours. I can almost hear the roar of the engines!
It was a chance shot. I was on a bike ride and the route took me across the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver. I took few shots of big cargo ships passing under and then these two boats appeared. They were very fast so only one shot.

Back