Spiders tale

Wes Hall

Trying to convey a story in photography has a strong allure for me, yet I find myself caught in the action of taking the shot before seeing what a sequence could show.

So, in testing out a new lens, I spotted a struggle for life in my garden that's all too often viewed from only one side.

The spider (Araneus diadematus) was one of the largest I'd seen this year, and she had caught herself a large meal in the shape of the worker bee.

I've seen too many posts of people who would interfere and release the bee, simply based on their views of the spider.

Fascinating to see life going about its business, I hope this series shows the struggle and reward. Spiders tale 2.jpg Spiders tale 1.jpg Spiders tale 3.jpg Spiders tale 4.jpg Spiders tale 5 web.jpg Spiders tale 6.jpg

Thanks David, this female had some of clearest and defined markings I've seen on a cross spider. They're intriguing and beautiful creatures arachnids, albeit to observe in my book not touch :)

Cheers Pete, the long times spent enjoying the legacy of David Attenborough left it's mark ;) I may try more akin to this if the opportunity presents itself.

Back