Spring Has Sprung In Edinburgh

spring? i think you've been sniffing those poppies in your first shot. it's still winter. 2" of snow today and temps below freezing when the sun is out.

beautiful flowers, the bright colors really come out in the first two. the castle looks like it would be a neat place to explore, ever been inside?

I find the castle a bit boring. It's OK if you are into military history, as it's a kind of military museum, and the army are still stationed there, parading up and down for the tourists. But the views of and from the castle are magnificent.

That river of color in #1 is gorgeous

Colourful and needed, nice set Rob. Feels like spring here is breaking through and sure we'll have a downturn blip lets hope it is just a short blip. Last year all the magnolia's here got frosted which was a shame.

I find the castle a bit boring. It's OK if you are into military history, as it's a kind of military museum, and the army are still stationed there, parading up and down for the tourists. But the views of and from the castle are magnificent.
But the One O'Clock Gun is always a delight, particularly when the tourists surrounding it at 1 pm are unprepared for the loudness of its report. :)

Lovely set, Rob. That first one is very nice indeed.

Cheers, Nick. My home town is Dundee, so I'm an outsider here - though my wife is an Edinburger. I do like the place, though many of the populace are just plain stupid! Dundonians are far more polite and intelligent.

I'm an outsider here - though my wife is an Edinburger. I do like the place, though many of the populace are just plain stupid! Dundonians are far more polite and intelligent.
I hope your wife doesn't read that Rob!
You may end up with a deaf & dumb breakfast!!:eek:... Then again that's not always a bad thing;):D.

Thanks Rob...with wind chill it's -7 F here. Went for a short stroll and almost froze my fleshy appendages off.:eek: But you do give me some hope with these colorful pics. Well done.

Lovely set of spring pictures Rob, very nice. By the way as it springs to mind, may I say that you are a Edinborower then, coming from the picturesq town of Dundee. Here it is grey, raining at 5+ but I'll see what I can find out there in the rain. Cheers.

Cheers, Ivar. I had a beautiful morning in the fishing village, Musselburgh, near Edinburgh. The sun was out, and the sky was blue...but it was still very cold. I had three cameras with me. I hope I get one good shot out of that! Good luck with your walk today.

Back