st mary lake, glacier national park

Beth Carter

from st mary lake on the east side of glacier national park. going to the sun road was closed in the middle due to snowy conditions so we drove the west side of going to the sun rd as far east as we could, turned around and drove around the outskirts of the park for several hours on rt 2 to the east side of the park so drive as far west on going to the sun rd as we could. then turned around and headed back to kalispell on the west side for the night. we were going to hit beartooth hwy later on in the trip, but it closed for the season due to snow.

fuji x-t2 & 16-55mm

30324490762_9e4aa6e129_o.jpg

Lovely image Beth, really like the foreground and how my eyes are being lead towards the mountains. Are you referring to Kallispell in Montana. I've been there twice, last time in 2009 and bought a pair of western boots there in the big western store on main street!:) Wonderful area!

Lovely image Beth, really like the foreground and how my eyes are being lead towards the mountains. Are you referring to Kallispell in Montana. I've been there twice, last time in 2009 and bought a pair of western boots there in the big western store on main street!:) Wonderful area!

thanks ivar. you're right, that's the town of kalispell in montana. fantastic place. you must have been at the boot barn. i haven't been in the one in kalispell, but i enjoyed the boot barn in denver, colorado a few years - probably around 2009 also. i love glacier, but grand teton national park is still my favorite of all of the parks.

Back