Still Life - Model Home Staging

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
SWMBO loves going around new model homes on the weekends - and these new properties are always beautifully staged for viewing.

Grabbed the camera before we went out on Sunday - and snapped away at some of the staged 'still life' opportunities that the designers had produced.

Everything shot with the 28-70 f2.8 L @ f2.8 - Canon 5D MKII

'Spa Bathroom'

web.jpg

'Colored Pasta Jar'

web.jpg

'Pasta Jar'

web.jpg

Made it a very pleasurable afternoon's viewing and shooting! :cool:

This is great, Chris. It never occurred to me to bring my camera and make a photo exercise out of it, but I love the idea. Nice shots!

The first one looks like it's straight out of the "Next Direct" catalog!
So is that a hobby of hers is it Chris?
Hannah gets her kicks from interior decoration and design too ... One of her favorite places is a shop called home sence - they are the house hold version of TK Max ... Loads of random bits and bobs all at discounted prices ... We spent literally thousands in there when we first bought the house ... And Blimey did she do a good job of making our house nice ...
I should maybe suggest we go and look at show homes she would love it a reckon ... Looks like it would be fun for me too!!

The first one looks like it's straight out of the "Next Direct" catalog!
So is that a hobby of hers is it Chris?
Hannah gets her kicks from interior decoration and design too ... One of her favorite places is a shop called home sence - they are the house hold version of TK Max ... Loads of random bits and bobs all at discounted prices ... We spent literally thousands in there when we first bought the house ... And Blimey did she do a good job of making our house nice ...
I should maybe suggest we go and look at show homes she would love it a reckon ... Looks like it would be fun for me too!!

Hamish - model home's are her favorite thing for weekends - she's always up for looking round new homes, or even open houses where people have their home up for sale. She LOVES interior design.

We have the same type of store here, but it's called Homegoods - run by the TK Max crew - so I bet it's exactly the same.

I've been dragged into that store more times than I can remember! LOL

Darren/Hamish - most model homes are ok with people shooting images, although I had one in Palm Springs who threw a fit when I arrived with the camera, like it was a secret or something and you had to show up to 'see it' - odd!

How odd, the Homegoods here has Radioshack next door - I smell a conspiracy! LMAO!

I wish we still had Tandy over here ... i used to love it in there ... maplins is basically the same i suppose ... but tandy used to be like a toy shop to me .... the worcester branch used to sell all manner of random crap ... back when you used to find second hand interesting stuff in chain stores ... the worlds gone to crap and taken the good shops with it i reckon :(

Back