Storm Chasing

Barry Keavney

Im not really one for Landscape shots, however, I do want to tick a "lightning Pic" off of the list ;)
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed some heavy looking clouds and headed towards the highest peak around, the Malverns. I clambered up them in no time and got all set up. I had failed to notice how bright it still was, and quickly realised I wasn't going to get the shot I wanted. However, I could almost put my head INTO the thunderous and sporadically lighting fill clouds, and I got this shot.
By no means is it perfect, and one will notice that I have played with the curves to achieve a more tempermental colour.
Changing the colours was not a ploy to portray a "better" pic, but I do like to try an blur the line between realism and art very finely so that the nature and mood of the atmosphere was represented. Especially as I was clinging onto a metal tripod on the higest point of Worcestershire in a lighting storm! :eek:

attachment.php

Cheers Dude,
You can see in the middle ground, there is a huge wall of rain heading toward me. I waited until the last possible minute before running down the hills with the camera still attached to the tripod. Yes...it was a fun day out...

Your lighting shot is pretty cool, and althought I didn't make the lihghting shot, I think the effect is still cool. The density and atmosphere is so heavy it calculates itself.
Again, thanks for the link to an immense site for learning!!!!

Back