Sunday AM on the way to the lake

Steve Boykin

Sunday AM Miller's Creek

Our new hiking area after the move. Note we found some muddy/fetid water...YEAH!!! :( There were a lot of vultures in at the parking area. About thirty or so hanging out on the light poles and this fence. I was terrified there was going to be something dead/rancid/YUCKY the dogs were going to roll in. The dogs ended up chasing them up and down the fence. This is the best I could do with the 60mm Fuji. Probably would need a longer lens.

Last edited:
Nice series og the gang exploring the new stomping ground Steve. Love the vultures. Did the have Liverpudlian accents by any chance?

No but I don't have cable and listen to the BBC World Service on my internet radio. I'm not much on TV. Today on the football show they had a special on Liverpool.

And...I still have no idea what a "Derby" (Darby?) is...... Seriously. :)

Loving that first shot especially Steve - lovely look with the 60mm

No but I don't have cable and listen to the BBC World Service on my internet radio. I'm not much on TV. Today on the football show they had a special on Liverpool.

And...I still have no idea what a "Derby" (Darby?) is...... Seriously. :)

I was thinking of the original version of Disney's Jungle Book; the vultures are styled after The Beatles.

Derby is a town in northern England. The word was also used to describe a type of horse race but it is also sometimes used to describe other sporting events as well.

As in a local derby - a match between teams from the same local area - usually long-time rivals, and a bit of a grudge match

Chargers vs Raiders would be a local derby match

As in a local derby - a match between teams from the same local area - usually long-time rivals, and a bit of a grudge match

Chargers vs Raiders would be a local derby match

Ok that explains it. THANKS!!!!!! So Manchester vs Manchester United would be a derby. Sorry to be so stupid.

Back