That Cafe

Pyjama Man

51983414840_250c0423fe_b.jpg

I prefer the first of the 2 shots that you couldn't choose between. I find the one with her back to you makes both a more complete composition and has a nice amount of tension to it.

Again, I like the look impacted by the 'cross-processing'.

And I love 'pyjama man' and the fact that he is 'cropped' strengthens the composition I think. An element of the Vivian Stanshalls about him.

I prefer the first of the 2 shots that you couldn't choose between. I find the one with her back to you makes both a more complete composition and has a nice amount of tension to it.

I agree Pete. I have come to much prefer that one of the two and you put your finger on the reasons for that. Something I haven't been able to do.

Those color ones remind me so much of the work of Saul Leiter. Great set of window images, Chris.

Thanks Brian.
Pete mentioned Saul Leiter when I posted my first ever photo of the cafe.
I had never heard of him before then, but now I know a little more, I see lots of things in his work that parallel the things I do. Stuff like the window shots, reflections, things that cut off large portions of the frame, disembodied limbs(!) etc. Then I read that he preferred short to medium length telephoto lenses. My preferred focal length is 85 or 90mm. Nothing new under the sun, eh?!

Back