Brian Moore

This vessel was originally a ferry, built in 1938 I believe, which saw service in Oregon. It is now a houseboat, floating around the Puget Sound. Here you see the Annabelle anchored in Penn Cove, Whidbey Island, Washington. (By the way,...it's for sale. You can just make out the little red "For Sale" sign toward the front of the ship. $725,000.00 if anyone is interested.)

Trying to get a little definition in the moon along with a bright enough photo to see the boat well took some work in Lightroom. Got some experience using the masking tools.

Canon 5DSR with Canon 24-105L.

The Annabelle Under A Gibbous Moon by brian moore, on Flickr

Great title and an even better image, Brian. Nicely balanced in post too I must say. It would certainly be a step up from an English canal barge to live on and pretty handy when the sea levels rise!
Appreciated Pete. I took numerous images of the Annabelle as the light was fading, some in landscape mode, others in portrait. I had plenty of pictures to play around with. I first saw her about a week ago as she floated past us toward the south. We're accustomed to seeing occasional barges or tugs, though various kinds of pleasure craft are far more common. The sight of an old ferry was unusual and delightful. Several neighbors (long-time residents of this community) were compelled to remark on it. Imagine my surprise a couple of days ago when I spotted her at anchor. I had been out on a different photographic mission which turned out a disappointment but getting a serendipitous opportunity for a few pictures of the Annabelle at anchor made my failed excursion worthwhile. Thank you Miss Sarah!

Back