I really like the moody atmosphere in these, Brian.
It makes the place look to be everything a traditional pub ought to be. I may get blasted here, but surprisingly those sort of places are increasingly difficult to find in the UK. They're either predominantly eateries rather than watering holes, or else they're closed and boarded up awaiting conversion into flats (apartments).

I like both pictures, Brian, but the second one has something extra that I can't define. The partial abstractness, the direction of the gazes, the TV screen peering down at us from above -- it looks like something is about to happen or is already happening or has already happened.

I really like the moody atmosphere in these, Brian.
It makes the place look to be everything a traditional pub ought to be. I may get blasted here, but surprisingly those sort of places are increasingly difficult to find in the UK. They're either predominantly eateries rather than watering holes, or else they're closed and boarded up awaiting conversion into flats (apartments).
Thanks a lot, Peter. It's sad about the demise of the traditional pub. I recall one in Kilbarchan (a small town in Renfrew where my wife's parents lived for a few years) which brought in a couple of pinball machines, presumably to attract a younger crowd. It was awful! Never went back.

I like both pictures, Brian, but the second one has something extra that I can't define. The partial abstractness, the direction of the gazes, the TV screen peering down at us from above -- it looks like something is about to happen or is already happening or has already happened.
Thanks a lot, Gianluca. To me the couple in the center appear to be praying but I suspect they were just perusing their menus. (Or their phones.) Thanks again, Gianluca.

The first one for me: regulars and friends, gathered together at the bar. Cosy atmosphere, banter and good fun, accompanied by (usually) out of fashion music. This recalls good times for me, times when the pub was the heart and soul of a small community. Alas, most of suchlike places are gone now.

Really enjoyed it, thank you !​
Thanks a lot, Julian. Much appreciated.

Back