It's good there's a lamp fixture over the sign on the wall so you can tell there's lodgings there at night... :eek: Port Townsend is a cute little town. Stopped there on our way to Victoria and saw a play at the Key City Public Theater about a trip down the Colorado River done by an all female cast. Nice shot Brian!

The light really brings out the once fancy, now faded facade of the building. As Rob says, the seated figure lifts the image beyond what is already a pleasing image of light and shadow, shape and texture.

i spent my time hanging around the batteries. those are pretty cool. we have one at a local state park, but it's closed to the public.
Across the water on Whidbey Island is Fort Casey. (It, along with Fort Worden and Fort Flagler, on Marrowstone Island, were intended as a triangle of fire to protect the channel separating Whidbey from the Olympic Peninsula.) Anyway, Fort Casey has on display a couple of the massive "disappearing guns" that hid behind their fortifications once they had discharged a shell. From the sea you cannot tell there is even a fort there, such is the clever placement of the battlements and guns within the terrain. I think you'd like it there, too.

Across the water on Whidbey Island is Fort Casey. (It, along with Fort Worden and Fort Flagler, on Marrowstone Island, were intended as a triangle of fire to protect the channel separating Whidbey from the Olympic Peninsula.) Anyway, Fort Casey has on display a couple of the massive "disappearing guns" that hid behind their fortifications once they had discharged a shell. From the sea you cannot tell there is even a fort there, such is the clever placement of the battlements and guns within the terrain. I think you'd like it there, too.

thanks! i'll check it out next time i'm out there.

Back