Critique Welcomed The Clouds Of Heaven

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
More wonderful cloud-formations today, this time looking North towards the Mogollon Rim - with the rock formations of Sedona in the background behind the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church - Cottonwood AZ.

9767871596_82989f367e_o.jpg

X-Pro1 and 55-200 Lens at f/8

The weather here has been unusually humid - causing the clouds to form in the afternoons, and frequent late afternoon rains.

The usually dry high country in AZ is green with new grass, most unseasonable

The weather here has been unusually humid - causing the clouds to form in the afternoons, and frequent late afternoon rains.

The usually dry high country in AZ is green with new grass, most unseasonable

The global weather is very unusually lately. This summer in here is unusually full of rain and foggy that the nice clouds and sunny is rarely see this year

I blame Al Gore! :D

just after 9pm here, so not too bad - relaxing weekend finished off with a decent Irish Whiskey - very chilled :)

Super shot Chris and I like the way you have used the clouds to dominate the scale of the landscape. I guess this is red filter PP. It has an almost IR look to the foliage though.
Thanks @Pete Askew - Yes, red filter, and the warm light hitting the dry grasses has really made them glow as well

Back