Critique Welcomed The Curious Cow

Brian Moore

Tomorrow I will launch image number 18 of my weekly A Print for Ukraine project. (I guess it's been a while since I posted an image here on RPF because when I last did so I think it was print number 1 or 2 in the series. Anyway, 18 weeks have flown in.) Here is the one I'll be posting tomorrow. It is "The Curious Cow." Shot it yesterday with my Sigma SD Quattro and Sigma 30/1.4.

Is that a tornado starting in the background?!
It's steam (or something) from an industrial chimney. There are a couple of oil refineries in the area and I was circumnavigating them in search of a good angle to get an industrial fotie. That's when I came across the coos. Never did get a shot of the refinery or the chimney steam. (Although I did get a fotie of it a while ago. Not sure I posted it.)

It's steam (or something) from an industrial chimney. There are a couple of oil refineries in the area and I was circumnavigating them in search of a good angle to get an industrial fotie. That's when I came across the coos. Never did get a shot of the refinery or the chimney steam. (Although I did get a fotie of it a while ago. Not sure I posted it.)
I reckon you know that the word coos originates from Norwegian, as well as gruesome.

Yes, Scots is a mixture of Northumbrian English, Germanic and Nordic words, and many home-grown varieties. Not to mention French and Indian words, and words from many other countries. We are mongrel linguists!

Back