The Harlequin Doll Dances

Brian Moore

XATechRehearsal2011-015.jpg

The Harlequin Doll dances as the Ballerina Doll, not yet animated, appears to observe. This is a snap from Scene One, "The Party Scene," from this year's Nutcracker performance by Ballet Etudes of Huntington Beach, California. This is a shot from the "Tech Rehearsal" last Friday night.

The Harlequin Doll is played by my daughter, Meg.

I took this shot with my Olympus XA and Kodak Ultramax 800 ASA film.

WWHHHOOOAAAA!!!! I like this very very much!!
Such a great shot! When did you take this Brian??

Nice shot Brian unsual to see the performance/rehearsal from this position as we normally only see from the audience perspective.

I like as it adds another dimension to it.

Dan Says
When did you take this Brian??

I says wake up at the back
This is a shot from the "Tech Rehearsal" last Friday night.
:D:D

Give me a break Kev! I'm still hanging! :D :D :D

Thanks a lot, Dan, Kev and Pete.

And Kev,...thanks for responding to Dan's question. ;)

Yes, Pete, the XA has 4 blades, and to my delight, Miss Sarah Dipperty thought it appropriate to reveal them, inspired I suppose by the diamond shapes on Meg's costume.

Thanks again lads!

Lovely feeling of theater, and great timing on the shot - she almost looks like a doll on a musical box :)

Thanks a lot, Chris. The woman who belongs to the arm on the right of the shot was a real pain in the arse. On at least 3 occasions she leaned in front of me just as I was snapping a picture. (Due to the crowding on stage I had nowhere to go.) I nearly belted her one time. But that would not be in the spirit of Christmas, so I refrained.

Back