Critique Welcomed The Lake District

Milan Vjestica

A couple from a trip to the Lakes this month.

12232927973_69f0760ec2_o.jpg

11936861395_b5f65ce188_o.jpg

Nice. I like the little bit of snow on the summit in the forst photo juxtaposed with the very green grass in the valley. Reminds of spring which is still a few month as away here.

Lush! You've done a great job there.

Really like the framing in the second.

Thank you all.

@ Julian, it is worth the trip and happens to be my favourite part of England.
@ Dave, yes Blencathra is great, especially if walked via Sharp edge and Halls Fell Ridge!

Thank you all.

@ Julian, it is worth the trip and happens to be my favourite part of England.
@ Dave, yes Blencathra is great, especially if walked via Sharp edge and Halls Fell Ridge!
I was camping below High Force one year, just east of the lakes on the River Tee's and took a trip over. It was the whit bank holiday. I arrived at a large lake and turn round because of the amount of tourist's. I need to find less touristy spots. Also go out of the holiday time. I know I'd like it there.

Julian,

I was there from the 8th to the 11th of January. A lot less tourists though the main attractions still had a few too many for me! You would indeed love it there.

Julian,

I was there from the 8th to the 11th of January. A lot less tourists though the main attractions still had a few too many for me! You would indeed love it there.
On that day after avoiding the hoard of coaches, pink candy floss and ice cream, I got into an of beat valley and over a fairly secluded small mountain/hill. I did see what it could be like at the right time. The next year it was of to Scotland
which I enjoyed a lot. Then the next year of to the Cevennes and Ardeche, which blew me away and gave me trust back in how nature can rule. That was a great trip, about a month, of into the French Italian Alps as well. At that time I only took a tiny camera as I had all my painting gear. Each day spending several hours painting the landscape. Yet, yes there are some great spots close to home, but we do not really have anything you can get lost in.

The first one is my favorite - love the little hill that obscures part of the barn/building and the color palette. Really nice work.

Back