The New Mill at Greywell II

It was my original intention to create a series of monochrome images of the mill but I got a bit distracted by the wonderful colours on the old roof. Anyway, here is the first of the monochrome images but I'm still experimenting with the final look but I wanted to produce a less dream-like look than I use with the tin-type simulation.

TheMill-6.jpg

Leica M9 + Zeiss Planar 50 f1:2. PP in LR, PS and Nik.

I actually like the dreamy creamy look that you manage to get and it could possibly work well here.

Vic

the thing that really caught my eye was the grass bottom right, don't know why. It just looks good.

Vic

I like that, the wall and roof look good. The ducting is a little strong in the image though. Not sure how you would tackle that. It needs to go. Just yank it off the wall they are going to renovate it anyway :)

Vic

advise a hard hat then in that case!

Its reduction in "clarity" that gives the dreamy look right?
I think i prefer the second one ... as Hannah points out, its quite scary!

Not very I think is the answer. This version is done entirely in LR. I could have got the colour a bit closer I suspect in Split Toning but getting the tonal gradation similar would be a real struggle and this version is with Clarity at -100 and no sharpening.

UsingClarity-1.jpg

Back