The Penn and Teller of Found Lenses

Wes Hall

I guess scepticism can indeed lead to luck, which is partly the reason for the thread title.

The other is the disparity in form of two recent acquisitions following a lucky antiques store find.

A Pentacon 300 f.4 and a Steinhell Munchen Cassarit 50 f.2.8 preset followed me home, the Pen(n)tacon as much for the mirth inducing girth of the unit, as a quick Google check on what the heck it was and its perceived value! The teller at the shop provided me with a second piece of magic by only wishing for £10 for a near as mint Munchen.

The cards were certainly in my favour that day!

Some very limited sample shots from both, the first shared tonight are with a Pentax KS-1 and the Pentacon, the Munchen to follow.Morecamb Bay 300 f4-1.jpgMorecamb Bay 300 f4-3.jpgMorecamb Bay 300 f4-5.jpg

I guess scepticism can indeed lead to luck, which is partly the reason for the thread title.

The other is the disparity in form of two recent acquisitions following a lucky antiques store find.

A Pentacon 300 f.4 and a Steinhell Munchen Cassarit 50 f.2.8 preset followed me home, the Pen(n)tacon as much for the mirth inducing girth of the unit, as a quick Google check on what the heck it was and its perceived value! The teller at the shop provided me with a second piece of magic by only wishing for £10 for a near as mint Munchen.

The cards were certainly in my favour that day!

Some very limited sample shots from both, the first shared tonight are with a Pentax KS-1 and the Pentacon, the Munchen to follow.View attachment 19605View attachment 19606View attachment 19607

Perfect series. I love it! The light is the main actor (after the photographer). Well done.

Thanks all! I've since been out with the pair again, and the Pentacon 300 has impressed me- chromatic aberration is the only real 'flaw' I see with it, and that is easy to handle in post with digital.Classic Chrome Copter Gull.jpgClassic Chrome Twitcher_edited.jpegClassic Chrome Leaf_edited.jpeg

From the second photo round I love the abandoned paper cup (I don't know how you call it in English) in sdim7968-1-jpg.19610 and the explosive sensuality of the watermelons in watermelons-2-1-jpg.19611.

A paper cup it is indeed Gianluca, I've never really called it much else, except the brand name cup- like McDonald's cup 👌.

Thank you for the compliments, I've got an ongoing collection of images of trash food items in seaside town locations I want to include in my eventual zine I want to put together- the imagery seems to suggest the mindset of the town and people where I see them- likely some projection occuring 😂

Back