The "real" Me

Graeme Harvey

From the "Self Portrait in Reflection" thread.

I wonder if anyone would have a photo of themselves as they really are : no masks, no hats, no public persona.
It is scary to reveal ourselves as we are, perhaps it is a place we do not wish to visit for it hurts:
yet this the the only way to make real friends , real relationships ... i feel.

I only write this because i just now chanced upon songs by Tarka Cordell,
he seemed to have it all, good looks, charming, soulful,
music career ahead of him, smiley, happy, yet he took his own life 2008.

I suppose this breaks a lot of rules of the forum, as it's not my photo, but it's a photo of me taken by a friend and used with permission.

GrezNaked.jpg

Now, as far as I'm concerned, this is the real me, seen practising before a Gospel Service in a tent at Stourport-on-Severn last August. I'm not posing, this is a genuine action shot. Although the T-shirt is a corporate one, I still actually wear it as I'm comfortable in black.

The 12 string guitar is the one I use most often: it's my workhorse and also a sign that deep down inside, not only do I love the sound of it, but also I'm a rhythm guitarist through and through ("doesn't want to make it cry or sing"). Despite the fact that it's a run-through, my eyes are closed as I'm "in" the music, worshipping God. Please try to understand that I believe God knows all about me: all my strengths, weaknesses, successes and failures. So what you see is me: no facade, just a bloke, part of a band, doing what I enjoy doing.

So, let's have some more, if you dare...

Back