The Seaside of Lincolnshire

Another fine pair of images. I like your style sir!
Do you know what caused the limestone to form those shapes?

Another fine pair of images. I like your style sir!
Do you know what caused the limestone to form those shapes?

Dave LOL, I got a tad geeky about this kind of natural structure and read all about these kind of landscapes. Absolutely fascinating stuff. I first visited here in 2003 using medium format film but was never really happy with my images so when I had the chance to shoot digitally I couldn't really turn it down.

Also Dave, my time with medium format taught me that I found the whole thing way too restrictive and way too slow. It restricted me because the kind of lenses that I adore are for example my 14mm the likes of which I would never be able to get in medium format. I think that currently I am at the best I have ever been.

Here's a shot of Haille Sand Fort from WWI/WWII at the entrance to the River Humber in Lincolnshire. Across the river in Yorkshire there is another fort known as Bull Fort which operated in tandem with this one. Apologies for the fort being bang in the centre of the composition but of course with such a wide angle lens the vanishing point is always dead centre unless cropped. This shot was taken around March of this year before the place gets invaded by tourists making it impossible to take photographs.

Attachments

• Haille Sand Fort on the River Humber.jpg
    Haille Sand Fort on the River Humber.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 7
A couple more shots in keeping with my coastal theme here in Lincolnshire. I appreciate that there is so much more to Lincolnshire than the coast but this is where my heart is. These have been tinted to mimic my old favourite warm toned papers from way back when.

Attachments

• Breakers at Anderby Creek Lincolnshire.jpg
    Breakers at Anderby Creek Lincolnshire.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 7
  • Breakers at Gibraltar Point Lincolnshire.jpg
    Breakers at Gibraltar Point Lincolnshire.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
Three more great shots, sprecially like the Sand Fort. There is something about the seashore and a dramatic sky, that lens is perfect for the job.

This is a shot taken on the 1st November 2017 of the old wooden sea defences at Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire. I shot this with a Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens which I always overlook. The image has been digitally toned to try to duplicate the effect I used to get in the darkroom when using tinted chlorobromide papers years back. It is my intention to have this printed using a silver halide print from a digital file.

Attachments

• Cleethorpes sea defences in November 2017 toned.jpg
    Cleethorpes sea defences in November 2017 toned.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
This is a shot of beach and sky close to Mablethorpe and Theddlethorpe in Lincolnshire. Really gorgeous place to walk at any time of the year. Taken at lunch time on Monday 22nd January 2018.

Attachments

• Mablethorpe North End Theddlethorpe 2018.jpg
    Mablethorpe North End Theddlethorpe 2018.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 4
OK so I live just a couple of miles from here and so I am blatantly biased but I love this place. It is so old fashioned and in a time warp as are most old seaside towns. These images were shot today, 21st June 2018 at almost midday using my usual Nikon D600 with extra battery power and my Samyang 14mm f2.8 ultra wide lens. Location was 'Brighton Slipway'.

Attachments

• Cleethorpes in June 2018 Mono 1.jpg
    Cleethorpes in June 2018 Mono 1.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Cleethorpes in June 2018 Mono 2.jpg
    Cleethorpes in June 2018 Mono 2.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Cleethorpes in June 2018 Mono 3.jpg
    Cleethorpes in June 2018 Mono 3.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 2
Back