Critique Welcomed The space between.

I like that! Both the thought and the photo. Also nice to meet another Australian - I'm New South Welsh ;)
Are we rare among the members here?
More tropical myself. NT.
I’ve run out of interesting subject matter so I’m filling in the space.
More to come.
Cheers

Here’s some pictures of where I live.
One is the base of the water tower.
The other is my kitchen sink.IMG_3747.jpegIMG_3746.jpeg

Here’s some more space for you StevensonView attachment 17886
The other photos are really good but I'm particularly taken by this one, Tom. The focus separation (sharp on left, way out of focus center and slightly OOF on the right) works magnificently.

What an interesting series of pictures (or maybe 2 sets is a better description). I like the idea of exploiting the space between. The first is especially intriguing as one is left to imagine that the the person to whom the foot belongs is also looking at what has attracted the interest of his dog. Of course one does not know that or even whether they are associated with he dog. A scene in which the composition creates all of the intrigue: brilliant.

The second image is also striking and demands attention. It almost has that 'toy-town' look that can be achieve with lens tilt, but without the contrived look that so often gives. I think it is very effective and I really like the colour palette.

The shot of the base of the water towed is very different and also very, very effective. I read it as some form of present day take of rock art set against the remains of the everyday; almost dystopian. I want to see an image in those markings, but cannot quite work it out (which makes the image all the stronger I think.

The drain and bubbles creates a compelling image of something we ignore every day. Could it be a metaphor for what we are throwing away?

What an interesting series of pictures (or maybe 2 sets is a better description). I like the idea of exploiting the space between. The first is especially intriguing as one is left to imagine that the the person to whom the foot belongs is also looking at what has attracted the interest of his dog. Of course one does not know that or even whether they are associated with he dog. A scene in which the composition creates all of the intrigue: brilliant.

The second image is also striking and demands attention. It almost has that 'toy-town' look that can be achieve with lens tilt, but without the contrived look that so often gives. I think it is very effective and I really like the colour palette.

The shot of the base of the water towed is very different and also very, very effective. I read it as some form of present day take of rock art set against the remains of the everyday; almost dystopian. I want to see an image in those markings, but cannot quite work it out (which makes the image all the stronger I think.

The drain and bubbles creates a compelling image of something we ignore every day. Could it be a metaphor for what we are throwing away?
I went to school with a bloke named Peter Askew.
Thanks Pete for the comments.
My reasoning behind taking these images is even beyond me. There are elements of seeing ordinary things in another light, so to speak. Often there’s thoughts of a tale to tell or simply to hear what others can make of them.
I do like the idea that someone will be somewhat disturbed by what they see; uncomfortable, even annoyed and irritated. To me, that’s telling the viewer there is always another way of seeing and photographing. There is no right or wrong; just different.

Beautiful!
A curious word to describe a picture of a door and handle of a 12 year old car, only because it’s not a description that’s come to mind.
It interests me how variant we are in our search for beauty.

A curious word to describe a picture of a door and handle of a 12 year old car, only because it’s not a description that’s come to mind.
It interests me how variant we are in our search for beauty.
There's no accounting for taste! But to define why I like it,...the minimalist look, the color palette, the crossing of the lines at an angle which bifurcate the picture into off-angle quadrants, the shadow of the door handle, the blackness and infinity of the windows and ultimately the composition. It's likely not a picture I would have thought to have taken, but had I thought to have taken it, it is a picture I would have been proud of.

Back