THE YACHT INN SWIM THAT TIME OF YEAR

Julian de'Courcy

Once again I was attending the yacht inn swim. A swim from the back of Newlyn harbour wall to the slip at Penzance Jubilee Pool. People from afar come to compete in this Macmillan charity swim and a good time is had by all, with 456 competitors this year from the seniors and juniors. A few pics from just after the finish line. This was the first event that i took the OM-D EM-5 last year. It performed well then as it did this year. The first swimmers arrive at the finish at about 7:30pm untill 8:30pm, so the light on a cloudy evening was diminishing fast. It was a must to keep the iso at a minimum of 1250 with 1600 giving a decent shutter speed. Although on reflection I aught to have gone a wee bit higher.

More shots can be viewed at

Yacht inn swim - a set on Flickr

YACHT INN SWIM by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love the characters you have captured by getting in close to the people Julian - I think B&W suits it well - some lovely tones

Faces in #6 look a little odd - any idea what's going on there?

Love the characters you have captured by getting in close to the people Julian - I think B&W suits it well - some lovely tones

Faces in #6 look a little odd - any idea what's going on there?

Thanks Chris, yes I was not sure how noticeable it was with no.6. Way underexposed.But thanks,

Things dont seem right in Cs6 so have reset everything. It did help a little. I feel a bit bad as these guys asked for there pic to be taken, I aught to have taken more care. But as always I couldn't deal with the pressure. I'd never make a pro :D

Second quick go.

YACHTINN SWIM by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back