Time for another Upgrade

Ian Grant

Every now and again I decide it's time to upgrade equipment so bought this today - £40 a real bargain, excellent camera, lens and tripod :D

Thought it time for a challenge so bought this today :D

hp-unknown01-sm.jpg

hp-unknown02-sm.jpg

hp-unknown04-sm.jpg

It came with this Schneieder Isconar 165mm f4.5 lens, the shutter needs attention but it may be too dirty to actually clean up, being a Dialyte it'll have lowish contrast anyway. Maybe a nice brass lens instead :)

iscomar01-sm.jpg

On the bright side it came with the tripod as well, again needing some repair though.

tripod-hp-sm.jpg

Just needs slight attention and it'll be up and running . . . . . . . . .

The camera itself needs new bellows, it's 10th in line though at the moment behind other cameras and an enlarger, then two new brass struts, other than that it's in fine shape. It'll out last a Sigma and keep going at least another 100 years :D

The tripods is really neat but has some wood missing but I can graft a new bit into place

Ian

Looks like an artists easel Ian. I guess they originally use the same if not similar nuts and bolts and sliders. You will it appears have fun and I trust a lot of enjoyment.

Wow I really wouldn't know were to start with that Ian. Love to see how you get along with the refurbishment. A video would be great to watch a master at work. Good luck and can't wait for the updates.

That should be a beautiful camera after you are done with it. Great buy.

"The camera itself needs new bellows ..."

Really? I thought maybe a bit of duct tape and Bob's your uncle ;):D

I think that's what's referred to as a "fixer upper" in the real estate trade.

Turns out the camera was most likely made by Gandofi not long after he left Perken and Rayment. So late 1800's

Ian

Back