Triptych for Children in War Zones

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Gianluca just ‘liked’ this triptych of mine from many years ago on this forum, but the posting is so old all the text and comments have not survived. So, if you don’t mind, here’s a little of what I can remember.

I was setting up some flowers to photograph, when news came on of the bombing of a children’s playground in I think Gaza or the West Bank, possibly somewhere else it was so long ago.

I was furious at this slaughter of the innocents, and as violence begets violence I destroyed the flowers in a senseless act of violence, and took the pictures you see here. It is a protest against the unbelievable deliberate targeting of children in war zones. I must have altered the images in a digital editor, but can’t recall which.

Click to enlarge.

IMG_2024-03-02-232559.jpeg

Last edited:
the bombing of a children’s playground in I think Gaza or the West Bank, possibly somewhere else it was so long ago.
Sad that your image from so long ago was triggered by what appears to be a never ending war.

Well, my triptych didn’t stop the slaughter by both sides, so it achieved nothing but a few comments. I am pleased, though, that you brought it to my attention again, Gianluca, but saddened that nothing has changed.

Back