Tropical Seedpod with the M420

Knowing how keen Rob is to see some results, I thought I'd better do something as he won't be able to sleep until I do :rolleyes:.

I have ordered the correct photo-tube / adapter to allow me to mount an imaging sensor, but decided to knock-up a makeshift one while I'm waiting rather than use an eyepiece adapter.

I will use the 'macroscope' with a 20 MP sensor, but I used a 5 MP CCD for this shot (5 image focus stack) as the 20 MP one was mounted to the Reichert MeF2. The resolution is therefore significantly lower than the setup would normally deliver and the CCD is not perfectly parallel with the image plain and it is probably also not perfectly on axis either.

This is an image of a tropical seedpod at the lowest magnification available (the distance between the 'eyes' is about 5 mm). I have included a picture of the setup for scale. You will have seen an image of this pod before (http://www.realphotographersforum.com/forum/threads/a-nest-of-owls.21718/).

Seedpod-2.jpg

The setup.

Seedpod setup-2.jpg

:D How cruel we are to you, Pete! Deserving as it is...:D

Impressive, but I'm taken with the environmental shot, where the pod seems to be populated by evil faces! :eek:

Back