Tutorial: Travel Photography See the world

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Canon have added to their excellent series of tutorials, with one specifically centered around travel photography.

Tutorials_01-image_01-DSC-EOS_tcm14-933791.jpg

Canon UK - DSC

Travel photography has changed a lot over the last few years. Not so long ago you would take a few pictures and wouldn’t see the results until you got prints made when you returned home.

Today, you can shoot hundreds of images and upload the best to a personal blog or a photo-sharing site. This tutorial will help you make your photos stand out and give other people a real idea of the places you a visited.

The online tutorial runs to 4 pages, and covers:

• Packing for your trip
  • What to photograph
  • Camera techniques
  • Back home

It provide some useful tips and ideas to make the most of your summer travels.

Well worth a read.

Tutorials_03-image_02-DSC-EOS_tcm14-933802.jpg

I like reading those Canon DSC files but I find them, at times, very vague... simplistic; even for beginners calling this a 'tutorial' is stretching it a tad I find. I'd be interested to hear others comments on this.

Agree - definitely a gentle intro rather than in-depth - but they are generic enough for any make of camera.

The CPN side of Canon do the really technical 'masterclass' write-ups - some of them are really in-depth, and now they've started using videos for tutorials they are well worth catching.

Canon Professional Network - Masterclasses

However, they are very very Canon focussed, so are of limited use to non-Canon users.

Back