Critique Welcomed Twin Bridges From Below

Brian Moore

This is the underside of the Duane Berentson Bridge, which carries part of Highway 20 connecting Fidalgo Island to the Skagit (pronounced ska-jit) Valley here in Washington State. Unofficially I guess it's referred to as the "Twin Bridges."

Holga 120N with Fomapan 400 film processed in Rodinal.

Great framing and a wonderful illusion of motion caused by the vignette when I look at it.
Thanks Wes. Much appreciated.

If only it had one or two leading lines

Nice one, Brian. Perfectly composed and processed.
"Leading lines",...? What are those? Seriously,....thanks Rob.

Seriously? Lines that lead the eye into the frame, directing you towards something. It started in the Renaissance, I believe, but is still used in art today.

Found online:

Definition: A leading line is a line in the picture that leads your eye from one part of the scene to another. The strongest composition is usually achieved when the lines lead your eye towards the main subject or focal point within the scene.

Your composition has more leading lines than anyone could ever hope for. It's braw!

Seriously? Lines that lead the eye into the frame, directing you towards something. It started in the Renaissance, I believe, but is still used in art today.

Found online:

Definition: A leading line is a line in the picture that leads your eye from one part of the scene to another. The strongest composition is usually achieved when the lines lead your eye towards the main subject or focal point within the scene.

Your composition has more leading lines than anyone could ever hope for. It's braw!
Thanks for that Rob.

Back