Critique Welcomed Two Studies in Light and Shade at Tower Hamlets Cemetery

Peter Roberts

I took a trip to Tower Hamlets, East London last week to visit the cemetery as part of a project I have in mind. This is one of London's "Magnificent Seven" cemeteries. They were laid out in the 19th century but are now largely overgrown and, for the most part, have become public parkland. The resulting images went down well with family and friends but they may be biased.

Here are a couple:

IMG_0013-001.jpg

IMG_0027-004.jpg

Both 28mm Rokkor f3.5, yellow filter, FP4 rated 100asa, developed in Rodinal.

Thanks for the comments, chaps. I'll post a few more as the project evolves and add some details.

Yes, the highish contrast was intentional. I'm trying for a sort of woodcut effect which I've become very fond of lately but isn't necessarily to everyone's taste. Perhaps I'll put up some examples.....and then stand well back!

Thanks for the comments, chaps. I'll post a few more as the project evolves and add some details.

Yes, the highish contrast was intentional. I'm trying for a sort of woodcut effect which I've become very fond of lately but isn't necessarily to everyone's taste. Perhaps I'll put up some examples.....and then stand well back!
Please post more, Peter. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the woodcut effect.

Back