Unknown alley

Ralph Turner

I was looking through old box of slides this evening and noticed that the lab at the time had put a small strip of film in to stop the few slides on one side of the box from rattling around (only a box of 24 exp.s). Whetther it was the end of my roll and the beginning of the next (taped together) or what, I don't know. What I do know is that someone went without one of their slides, as on the other bit of film was this image (partly obscured by the link tape). Not a clue where it was taken, who took it, or anything. If anyone has the foggiest idea... 🤔🤨🤔🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Unknown Alley rpf.jpg
    Unknown Alley rpf.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 11
I quite like the whole "found photo" hobby, or whatever it might be called. Mysteries abound.
Indeed. It’s also rather sad when you see abandoned photos in thrift stores and the like. All these people and places must have meant something to someone once. A musician/songwriter from the Isle of Wight, Paul Armfield, wrote a whole album of songs, each about a different photo that he’d come across that had been orphaned. Although he knew nothing of the people or places within, the songs are compelling musical journeys of the imagination based on each image.

Back