Various aspects of Lincolnshire Beaches

Shaun Haselden

Four shots taken during 2017 on and in various beaches and salt marshes close to my home in Lincolnshire. This place has a close military connection hence the broken WWII concrete and the abandoned Comet tank that was used as target practice until the middle of the 70's.

Attachments

• WWII Concrete and Marsh 2017.jpg
    WWII Concrete and Marsh 2017.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Lincolnshire Beach 2017.jpg
    Lincolnshire Beach 2017.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Wooden Seat and Saltmarsh 2017.jpg
    Wooden Seat and Saltmarsh 2017.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Comet Tank Wreck.jpg
    Comet Tank Wreck.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 10
Thank you Gentlemen. One of the things that constantly holds me in Lincolnshire is the vastness of the skies and the land. The place is just so flat with most of the coastal area being maybe four metres above sea level. With little or no difficulty I have been self isolating there for over fifty years.

Due mainly to what has been already said, my photography has since around 1986 been based upon isolation, loneliness and solitude. This is what I try to portray in my images.

Given the latest announcement from Boris, I'm thinking that the taking of photographs is going to become more and more difficult. Or at least the travel required to visit my beloved beaches.

I think that the isolation and solitude in my photo's is helped no end by the use of a 14 mill and a 20 mill lens.

We are allowed out twice a day, once for essential shopping (food/medicine) and once for health - a walk, run, or cycle. I'll be using my health walk to take my camera out.

It amuses me that I realised that nothing has changed in my life. I work from home, I go to the shops, I go for a walk. So what is odd is that now that's what nearly everyone is doing. "Be More Rob" should be the mantra :D It is with a wry sense of humour that I notice that my normal life is now regarded as a National and Global Crisis! :D:D:D

Back