Very interesting Leica package on eBay

I think its a bit like watches with regards to some cameras, some cameras are like a basic CaSiO digital watch, it tells the time and thats all it needs to do, not really very complicated and mass produced. Then there are custom bespoke watches made by hand, they also tell the time but that's not really why you buy it, you buy it to own something really well made and engineered - basically you are buying tradition and craftsmanship. The same is true of camera, there are some that are almost disposable as they are cheap and common, then there are certain cameras that are built to an amazing standard.

Then you get the Zorki and FED limited editions lol - im trying to find the ebay shop that had 2 of them, it was a FED 2 but with gold fittings and wood inlay on the case lol

Bingo:

Jubilee FED-2 50 years of USSR . s n 002-100. Wooden. items in moscowStore store on eBay!

$T2eC16J,!zQE9s3sq+o!BQm5iWYSY!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
I think its a bit like watches with regards to some cameras, some cameras are like a basic CaSiO digital watch, it tells the time and thats all it needs to do, not really very complicated and mass produced. Then there are custom bespoke watches made by hand, they also tell the time but that's not really why you buy it, you buy it to own something really well made and engineered - basically you are buying tradition and craftsmanship. The same is true of camera, there are some that are almost disposable as they are cheap and common, then there are certain cameras that are built to an amazing standard.

Then you get the Zorki and FED limited editions lol - im trying to find the ebay shop that had 2 of them, it was a FED 2 but with gold fittings and wood inlay on the case lol

Bingo:

Jubilee FED-2 50 years of USSR . s n 002-100. Wooden. items in moscowStore store on eBay!

$T2eC16J,!zQE9s3sq+o!BQm5iWYSY!~~60_12.JPG

that's a steampunk dream !

Indeed, although shouldn't be hard to replicate, I have a spare Zorki 4k so I might try and mod it, the lens is a standard Industar 22 (blatant leica rip off lol) I might put a mini project thread up at some point if I do decide to play around with the spare camera.

I like your comment Rob about the guitars, i know what you mean & would love to come across an original 1950's Gibson Flying V, rare as rocking horse muck & fetch a fortune LOL.

Back