Walls Of Bath

There's a wall...there's Paul...there's an interesting shot. The saga continues.
The first is a little out of your box with so many things going...the second is minimalist you. I like them both though.
Nice work Paul.

Very nice Paul...
Bath is such an interesting place..

Great stuff, as ever, Paul. What are the silver things on top of the runner frames? The blue doors are wonderful. Perfect composition, framing, you've chosen here.

Spotted #2 on Flickr - really like that one with the solid blue doors against the monochrome stone

Thank you for the replies guys. Yeah, I like the second most of all, I think I got something really nice there and couldn't have made myself a better wall I think. The first I like not so much for the composition but the odd collection of objects: the silver things on the wooden tripods, the three standpipes, the green flower pot, there's some thing eclectic about it all.

Like them both, but the second is the stronger image IMHO. Like Pete, I would probably crop the first one a bit and kind of like the second cropped a bit from the top as well. I think the space above the doors works, but I keep going back to the darker 2 top rows over on the right and the contrast with the lighter row beneath - it seems todistract from the doors by somehow suggesting a racing stripe or something :) Maybe try dodging that bit up a little to try and keep the focus on the doors and window? I'm undecided. Great image either way.

Back