Want to see Glacier Park?

Dennis Ernst

Here's a way for you to see some of Glacier Park without leaving your easy chair!

I've spent a month not far from the parks and had a lot of fun rambling the hills and shooting some of the wonderful scenery found there.

I know not many on this forum will get to travel there, more less do the long hikes, so here's the next best thing to being there:

Dennis's Blogs: Avalanche Lake

Dennis's Blogs: Grinnell Glacier Hike

Dennis's Blogs: Siyeh Pass Hike in Glacier Park

Dennis's Blogs: Glacier Park - The Garden Wall Hike

Enjoy!

Dennis

Great idea Dennis - I'm going to put on my virtual hiking shoes and take a stroll :)

it looks amazing, the bear signs however would scare the crap outta me

the bear signs however would scare the crap outta me
I wouldn't be bothered about the bear signs but if I saw a bear that would be a different matter!!!:eek:...;)

I did see a Grizzly bear but not while out hiking!

My wife dropped me off at a trail head then drove 40 mile to a lake where she could pick me up. She saw 3 or 4 black bear right near Many Glacier Hotel and in the entrance road watch several Griz for 2 or 3 hours. After she picked me up she took me back and we saw yet another Griz!

9J1A5202.jpg

The bear was only about 50 meters from the road and there were about 20 people watching it and taking pictures. You would not believe how gutsy they were and some with cell phone cameras got withing 20 meters or so. I had a 100-400 with me so I could stay back. It was a good thing there were plenty of berries and the bear seem to have a sense of humor about it but no wonder people get attacked by bears. They say that you can get as close as you want, as long as you keep on old fat photographer in front of you. You don't have to run fast, but just faster than one other person......

Dennis

Back