What do you use?

I have no idea, but when I bought it from adobe I chose not to get a box and just have it as a download so I don't know how they could do it so cheap... ...
Seems fishy at that price

Anyone got any thoughts on this site and whether it is too risky to trust? it is offering Lightroom 3 (download, the full product not upgrade, but no box, CD, etc) for $60.

http://excellent-downloads.net/shop/item/592/

Looks too fishy for me :)

An extract from the terms and conditions:

2.3 The software we sell is packed into archives, which contain FULL BACKUP COPIES of original licensed software which have .zip format (to open them You need WinZip software);
2.5 Software cannot be registered on-line due to certain limitations;

I wont say too much as I am using my real name.

Lets just say the company claims to be in the USA with a picture of a big office block , website domain name was registered in Russia on 13 July 2010 and the company collecting your credit card details and address appears to be in South Africa....... ( all found on the internet within 2 minutes)

Mark.

apart from anything, is it called royal software or excelent downloads?
after reading marks observations i wouldnt touch the barge pole i wouldnt touch that with
why pay for illegal downloads? illegal software is a bad enough idea without having to pay for it

Update:

I have today ordered Lightroom 3 direct from Adobe, for 30% off making it £168 delivered in the box. This was on the basis that I am already an Elements 8 user, and I said I had heard that meant I was entitled to that discount. ;)

The guy went off and found a code to enter to allow exactly that. :)

The full list price is £232 plus shipping if you want the CD and box, Amazon will do it for £220 delivered. So this phone call saved me 50 quid. :cool:

nice work... welcome to the lightroom fold ;)

Thanks, I've been on the 30-day trial for a while. I've struggled to justify the cost to myself as my volume of photos taken is quite low so super-efficient workflow ought not to be a priority for me. I've gone for it based on a) the 30% discount, and b) the fact that some of the editing tools are reportedly way better than in Elements, eg noise reduction if I recall correctly.

It's just easier to use than most other editors too... I doubt you will look back... Your on the upgrade chain with it now... And it was only £75 to upgrade from 2 to 3 which I felt was well worth it...
Good luck with it, as I said before, any questions feel free to ask :)

I also don't think you'll regret it at all. Even though your volume is low it does give you a good way or cataloguing stuff as well as allowing you to create multiple versions, camparisons etc with ease. There are a number of free pre-sets that can be useful as well.

At the moment, the guys at Luminous Landscape (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/index.shtml) are producing a tutorial for LR3. It it is anything like there other stuff it will be excellent. I have bought it but haven't started looking at it as it's not complete and I don't have time at the moment.

Back