Women's Rugby

Bob Jarman

Nothing special, fun capture of women's action from their match (or is it test(?) ) Saturday.

I started shooting the men's matches about 4 years ago, still in the dark about some of the calls and finer points of the rules. There are both a men's and women's club locally, in Division III of the Southern Region of USA Rugby.

The pitch is a former football field donated for use by the city - of course maintained by the club. Not a photogenic background - bleachers, cemetery, and older residential area - the action is what counts.

Bob

Furies-800x80000.jpg
NIKON D2X AF Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED lens 200mm f/8.0 1/500s 400 ISO 0.0 EV

Fun to watch, learn, and they allow me to walk the sidelines.

rugby isn't really a sport, it's legalized assault and battery. fine photo indeed.
They say the difference between soccer and rugby is that soccer is a gentleman's game played by ruffians, whereas rugby is a ruffians game played by gentlemen. Er,...or in this case gentle women. :)

Couple more from this past weekend - Fall season is completed. The "Sir" is a transplanted Scotsman. Anxious to return home in couple of weeks to watch the All Blacks-Scotland contest, Edinburgh I believe.

Furies_2014_11_08_04.jpg

Furies_2014_11_08_12.jpg

Furies_2014_11_08_38.jpg

Furies_2014_11_08_46.jpg Furies_2014_11_08_29.jpg

Hmmm. Maybe not so gentle women. Still, great action shots here Bob.
Fun the watch, and more interesting they compete with the same enthusiasm as the men but without the bravado and posturing of males. All teamwork without the male ego involvement.

Back