Yorkshire Wolds Viewpoint...

Shaun Haselden

Once again trying to mimic the photographic prints I used to make from the 70's and 80's onto fabulous warm toned papers such as Kodak Royal Bromesko, Agfa Record Rapid and Oriental Portrait, I thought I'd shoot more images today. Back then (1972) I started with an old Agfa Clack camera on 120 roll film contact printing the enormous negatives onto these fine papers producing beautifully toned contact prints. My first mistake though was moving to 35mm film. In 1985 I went back to 120 roll and a Bronica ETRS still using the same papers until of course fate took a hand and these papers were banned (at least the cadmium in them was). Things have never been the same since. In lots of ways, things have gone from bad to worse.

At least I can mimic them though but of course it is a poor substitute.

Attachments

• The Yorkshire Wolds East Riding England.jpg
    The Yorkshire Wolds East Riding England.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 8
Once again trying to mimic the photographic prints I used to make from the 70's and 80's onto fabulous warm toned papers such as Kodak Royal Bromesko, Agfa Record Rapid and Oriental Portrait, I thought I'd shoot more images today. Back then (1972) I started with an old Agfa Clack camera on 120 roll film contact printing the enormous negatives onto these fine papers producing beautifully toned contact prints. My first mistake though was moving to 35mm film. In 1985 I went back to 120 roll and a Bronica ETRS still using the same papers until of course fate took a hand and these papers were banned (at least the cadmium in them was). Things have never been the same since. In lots of ways, things have gone from bad to worse.

At least I can mimic them though but of course it is a poor substitute.
It may be a poor substitute but I love the simplicity of the photo as well as the comp. In this case the bland sky serves to enhance the beauty of the countryside. Lovely shot, Shaun.

Thank you Brian.

Back