1 World Trade Center

John Holland

Last month I had the opportunity to travel to New York City. The main purpose of the trip was to photograph the company's management staff celebrating their 15 year anniversary of being listed on the NASDAQ by ringing the opening bell. I took advantage of the trip and went to visit the 9-11 Memorial and see the new skyscraper to NYC's skyline (1 World Trade Center). Unfortunately for me, the observation deck was not open to the public (the grand opening date was the day after I left - poor timing for me). Here is 1 WTC - the architecture of the building can give you a neat POV as the building goes to an infinity point if you are in the right spot(s).

1WTC__15May-19.jpg

1WTC__15May-03.jpg

1WTC__15May-05.jpg

Good shots, John. I must admit I couldn't stand beneath it and look up :confused::eek:. Is it amazing architecture, or is it just the size that is impressive? I can't quite make my mind up about it.

The contrail that appears to be half way up in the first sets a nice perspective and scale. The last is really good.

I was there 6 months after the event when much of the area was still damaged or in demolition.

Thank you everyone for the comments. Being Memorial Day (holiday here), and Fleet Week for the Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard (lots of service personnel) it was a tab bit busy at the site (the 9-11 Memorial is also at this location). I am very happy with the images, the first image I was favored with the nice blue sky and the clouds/contrails. The first image is a combination of 7-10 images (that I stitched together).

Back