Critique Welcomed The Northwestern National Life Building, Minneapolis

Brian Moore

Architect: Minoru Yamasaki. Opened in 1965. Yamasaki also designed the World Trade Center in New York.

It was hard to get a decent image of the front of the building because of the trees. With the trees behind me I was looking almost straight up at the columns; with the trees in front of me I couldn't see the building. Settled for this 3/4 view that seemed about best.

Sigma DP1M(acKillop)

That is a great angle to shoot from, the perspective works well and the trees on both sides and above contrast the building very well. That is a beautiful building, a modernist take on the Athens Parthenon.

That is a great angle to shoot from, the perspective works well and the trees on both sides and above contrast the building very well. That is a beautiful building, a modernist take on the Athens Parthenon.
Thanks Dave. It is indeed a beautiful building. I had seen it on a trip up there last year. But I had only a fleeting glance as I crossed an intersection in my rental car on the way to the airport. I didn't know what it was, I just thought next time there I need to try to find the building again. Glad I did. Thanks again, Dave.

Back