Critique Welcomed Bifurcated Light Saber

Brian Moore

A few years ago I was in Milwaukee on business and I was heading by car to Chicago. On the radio I heard an advertisement for a photo display by Alex Soth at the Milwaukee Art Museum. At the time I was unfamiliar with the MAM, and since it was early afternoon and I was in no rush I decided to go have a look. Wow....what a building! Anyway, it was a Thursday and on Thursdays the MAM is (or was) open until 8pm. (A bit of good luck for me since I subsequently used every minute of available open time.)

One of the exhibitions was by Anthony McCall, a British-born (don't know where) artist who works with projected light. This work was called "You and I, Horizontal (II)". I decided to try to get some photos using the Sigma DP1M (ex-McKillop).

I call my interpretations of McCall's work "Bifurcated Light Saber."

It seems these ex McKillop cameras are in their natural element in art galleries!

What a fascinating series of images you have come up with, Brian. They could almost be out-takes from 2001! Love the 2nd especially.
I never thought of that 2001 connection, Pete. Thank you.

Wow! What a fine set of images, I really like those. They do have a sci-fi feel to them, an open wormhole leading to other dimensions.
Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

Yes, there have been a few rumours in the past about Brian's origins. Exhibition indeed. Out the flying saucer window more like! ;)
Thought we were keeping that just between you and me?o_O

Back