Critique Welcomed The Iowa State Capitol Building

Brian Moore

This is a crop of an image I made several years ago. (I think I may have posted the original here on RPF,...not sure.)

It's the capitol building reflected in the glass facade of a modernist office building down the road a bit.

It was my first time in Des Moines and I was just driving in from the airport toward my hotel when I saw the rotunda a distance off to my right. I made my way there and arrived in time for "golden hour". Got quite lucky I think.

Sigma DP1 Merrill.

This is a crop of an image I made several years ago. (I think I may have posted the original here on RPF,...not sure.)

It's the capitol building reflected in the glass facade of a modernist office building down the road a bit.

It was my first time in Des Moines and I was just driving in from the airport toward my hotel when I saw the rotunda a distance off to my right. I made my way there and arrived in time for "golden hour". Got quite lucky I think.

Sigma DP1 Merrill.

You sure have shown it before Brian, but a good one may always be seen again, Crooked as it is, a fine image.

Fab picture, Brian. Great contrast between the linear and the (very) non-linear. Decidedly trippy. The hint of the internal ceiling lights give an extra feeling of the whole scene being inside some alien environment, the sky merely a an illusory projection for the benefit of the observer..

Burnished and beautiful. I think that is one of the best building reflection shots I have ever seen. It almost looks painted. Er, you didn't did you?! ;)
I’m not telling. Thanks Pete.
Fab picture, Brian. Great contrast between the linear and the (very) non-linear. Decidedly trippy. The hint of the internal ceiling lights give an extra feeling of the whole scene being inside some alien environment, the sky merely a an illusory projection for the benefit of the observer..
Thanks Ralph. I'm going to see if I can find the less closely cropped version of the photo and re-post it. I like it better now that I'm seeing the close-crop again.

Sigma DP1 Merrill.

got lucky maybe but you knew what to do with the luck. Really a cool shot. That golden glow so enhances that architecture.

Back