Critique Welcomed The Crystal Bridge Conservatory

Brian Moore

A couple of shots of the Crystal Bridge Conservatory, which is located in the Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City. Opened in 1988. Architect: I. M. Pei.

Shots made with the (ex-MacKillop) Sigma DP1 Merrill.

Interesting building, Brian, and well captured. Incredibly sharp lens, and tons of detail. Any shots from inside?
Thanks Rob. Typical business trip. Wandering/sightseeing in the early morning before work (and before typical opening times), as was the case here, or late afternoon/early evening after work (after things have typically closed for the day). Inside is a tropical wet zone at one end and a tropical dry zone at the other. Would love to get inside if I'm there at a good tourist time on my next visit.

What a striking building and I like the shots very much.
Thanks Pete. The DP1 Merrill is a frustrating camera. As @Rob MacKillop may attest, it's slow to focus, slow to process images in camera, eats batteries like a pacman, and requires an annoying proprietary software to process the RAW images. In short,...its a pain in the ass to shoot. But the image quality,...oh, the image quality,...

Back