35mm ISO 200 colour film - £1 for a 36 exposure roll

David Mitchell

Hi all,

I just wanted to flag up this with everyone who might be after some cheap colour film to have fun with, I knew that I had seem them do it at some point. I have just dropped into Poundland whilst walking through the town to check to see if they had some and they did. They are selling some Afga Vista plus ISO 200 35mm film, 36 exposure rolls for £1. I grabbed about 5 of them so I can use them as practice roles rather than using up my small stock of Kentmere ISO 400 rolls.

It wasn't like it was old expired stock either as it expires in 2014 so plenty of time to use them up, I just thought I would flag this up on the forum for anyone (especially newbies) why might want to have a go with film or indeed anyone with just a DSLR who might want to try film. You can pick up a basic 35mm SLR for very little money these days - thinking about the Zenits etc

Anyway, they seem to usually retail for about £2.30 each so thats a pretty good saving and its not like they will suddenly go off.

There was a lot there when I went, I think it might be a limited amount of stock but not many people have the need for it so I guess its limited but will be there for a while. Wish they had some B&W film there lol then I would stock up with loads!

.... Where can you get any roll of film for a squid these days?!
Bargain!! :)

Just make sure to check the date on it! :)

.... Where can you get any roll of film for a squid these days?!
Bargain!! :)

08/14 on all of mine :) should be good for a while :D im amazed that its a 36 exposure roll as well and not a 24, which is also awesome :D

I have seen you can also develop it in rodinal for a slightly different effect - not as sharp as proper black and white film but cheaper than going to get them developed. Although I am making a saving of about £3 a roll or so with these so I might go and shoot a whole roll tomorrow with something to test things out.

Best bet is to get it deved as colour film
if you want to save money just get the negs deved and scan your self ... If you get to know folk in local dev shops by using them regularly they might dev them very cheaply for you!
One of my local places would dev mine for £1 when I was shooting a lot of colour film

Yeah im planning on getting a decent photo scanner soon once I have got some cash together, will then scan negatives and go with the 'hybrid' method of only having negatives then processing them on the PC - I don't really need to print anything off anyway.

Its just pretty cool that I have got some colour film to have a play with at very little cost for me to try them out, will be interesting to see what they are like through vintage lenses etc

Back